Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Alphabet Rub....


Now, as to the alphabet rub....




There was, well is, this girl, the kind well worth the effort, and then more....

Anywho.....

I forget at the moment how it started but it was like a number of evenings....a multitude of every day tasks filled the night for us both, you know the times, nothing big or hard, just little things best not left undone, punctuated with a running conversation. Nothing in particular, just the odds and ends half remembered from the day's toils. Changes at work, petty annoyances and minor triumphs...the kind of night that either ends with a kiss and good night or the other, the one that brings an enigmatic smile whenever it comes to mind, Like now.

The conversation meandered through the topics before drifting to the delights of "tongue in groove." 

 The mood changed... and her tone shifted.  

Now, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, I slowly picked up on the sudden quiet in the room and waited as she paused me with "Just a sec, let me change."


Furiously I got myself together and assumed an air of practiced ease when she returned. Of course she saw through that right away. But she had this...want...but didn't seem to think the effort would be a success in her particular case.



She said, "I never..."



I replied, "You will...."



At some point, I don't remember the exact detail, but an earnest lad ended up luckily in position to practice what he preached, beginning slowly with quiet words, gentle ministrations and a slow Edwardian Script... executed in the finest Palmer technique humanly possible with one's tongue, fingertips and a slicked, a quivering, "writing surface."



She made it to the letter      "P."

 


~V



A Humble Toast to a New Begining......!     :)

6 comments:

Drenchxoxo said...

It's so important to practice the ABC's. (wink)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read that the earnest lad was lucky enough to practice what he preached with "gentle ministrations, a slow Edwardian script"? So cleverly, arousingly written.

I loved this line, too:
"...drifting to the delights of "tongue in groove.""

I enjoyed the Alphabet Rub.

Veritas said...

I do sooo agree, wink, the neck gets sore so it is important to have discipline and skills.....

~V

It's a special special day here, so I am doublly pleased the efforts are appreciated!!!

:)

Jenny Swallows said...

next time, use a quill... you probably won't even get to F....

Anonymous said...

OMG This was sooo good!

Anonymous said...

I loved the last photo! Beautiful!!

Popular Posts